After working diligently for three months to create a budget that included a 4% cost of living increase for all employees with no tax increase, the FSSD Board of Education passed the 2022-2023 budget on July 25. The FSSD budget provides many positive aspects related to employee salary and benefits, including the following significant highlights of the employee compensation package:
The Board of Education:
- approved a 4.0% cost of living increase for all FSSD employees for the 2022-2023 school year. Additionally, ALL employees will receive a step increase even those individuals who have technically reached the top of their position’s salary scale.
- approved an adjustment of 2% at each step of three Non-Exempt Salary Schedules (A, F1 and K).
- continued the Tuition Reimbursement program for employees seeking advanced degrees. The total amount to be accessed by employees is $40,000 which is a $10.000 increase from previous years.
- continued the benefit of $30,000 life insurance and Long Term Disability for full-time employees.
- continued the support of the waiver of tuition for children of full-time and part-time FSSD employees to attend FSSD schools. Additionally, the Board recently approved a change in policy to allow the grandchildren of FSSD employees, substitutes who worked at least fifty (50) days the prior semester, and service providers for the FSSD (i.e. mental health therapists, SROs, etc.) to attend FSSD schools tuition free.
- continued the National Board Certification incentives for teachers who choose to undergo that rigorous national certification.
- continued the payment amount of $50.00 per day for unused sick leave when an employee retires. The FSSD is one of the few districts in TN that offers this benefit for employees.
- approved the use of two sick days to be used as flex/personal days.
- continued the payment of 100% of full-time employee insurance premiums.
- approved the implementation of a Substitute Recruitment and Retention Plan.