Reading …Opens Minds and Hearts
The Soaring Eagles and Reading Hounds are programs that support students as they are on the path to Literacy. Mrs. Smith leads the Soaring Eagles program and instructs students in grades 2-4. Mrs. Goode leads the Reading Hounds program and instructs students in grades K-2. These pull-out programs work in conjunction with classroom teachers to support current instructional goals and provide intervention to ensure success. We use small group and one-on-one instruction. We focus on reading skills such as phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, comprehension and fluency. We closely monitor each student’s skill growth and adjust to meet his or her current literacy needs. We hope to foster a love of reading and encourage life long learners.
- Welcome Back to School: Winter 2018
- Honors Program Info Meeting Set for Feb. 1 (Rising 5th Grade Families)
- Homeland Security Agent Talks About Digital Dangers
- Planning for Your Special Needs Child’s Future: It’s Never Too Early to Start
- FSSD Receives Exemplary Status in Achievement on State Accountability Report