Children Learning to Move and Moving to Learn
Physical education is a vital link to a child’s success in academic learning. All children will participate in our daily physical education program in grades K-4. Our Grade K-2 program is a movement oriented experience with strong emphasis on perceptual motor development. Our third and fourth grade program includes lifetime game and sport skills, educational gymnastics, dance and fitness.
Developing physically educated children is the long-range goal. The physically educated person:
- has learned skills necessary to perform a variety of physical activities
- is physically fit
- participates regularly in physical activity
- knows the implications of and the benefits from involvement in physical activities
- values physical activity and its contributions to a healthy lifestyle
We will conduct fitness testing two times per year, Fall and Spring.
Children are required to wear tennis shoes and appropriate clothing.
- Welcome Back to School: Winter 2018
- Honors Program Info Meeting Set for Feb. 1 (Rising 5th Grade Families)
- Homeland Security Agent Talks About Digital Dangers
- Planning for Your Special Needs Child’s Future: It’s Never Too Early to Start
- FSSD Receives Exemplary Status in Achievement on State Accountability Report