The Advisory Council is comprised of parents, staff members, administration, and community members.
Advisory Council Protocol:
•The goal of the Advisory Council is to provide an open line of communication between home, school, and the community.
•The committee will define areas of need, brainstorm solutions, and invite parent/staff input.
•Parents and staff members – please submit questions in advance in writing if you know of an issue. This will provide the opportunity for research and hopefully a response to questions at the meeting. Please email questions to Lisa Burgin, principal. A three-day advance notice for all questions will help us be fully prepared for the meeting.
COUNCIL MEMBERS 2017-2018
Principal – Lisa Burgin
Assistant Principal – Janet Carroll
Devaan Erwin – Community
Mary Smith – Parent
Rodney Espiritu – Parent
Ellen Burdine – PTO Chair
Elizabeth Fellows – PTO Co-Chair
TEACHERS AND STAFF:
Emily Lowery – Kindergarten
Katherine Cox – First Grade
Gail Clemons – Second Grade
Allee Staggs – Third Grade
Katie Osborne – Fourth Grade
Rebecca Piggott – Special Area
Sarah Goode – Support Staff
Katie Leech – Special Education
Jetza Nuñez – Office
Meeting Dates: Sept 7; Oct 19; Nov 16; Jan 18; Feb 15; March 15; April 19; May 17
- Welcome Back to School: Winter 2018
- Honors Program Info Meeting Set for Feb. 1 (Rising 5th Grade Families)
- Homeland Security Agent Talks About Digital Dangers
- Planning for Your Special Needs Child’s Future: It’s Never Too Early to Start
- FSSD Receives Exemplary Status in Achievement on State Accountability Report